More than 5 years I’ve spent supporting new ventures to start and grow. It has been wonderful journey though world of startups on board with great people. 5 years of excitement, new opportunities, new people and personal growth. 5 years building strong startup community and work that has impact.
Despite of that I decided to leave JIC to follow my dreams.
This is my goodbye.
More than 5 years – that’s 10 000 hours of work connected very closely to startups. Thanks to JIC I had the opportunity to meet almost everyone in Czech Republic and many people abroad. People who are somehow connected to this vibrant world of technology, innovation, ideas and investment. I am grateful for such a great and long-lasting opportunity.
To leave JIC, innovation center that became leader in Central Europe, was probably the most difficult decision in my life so far. However one must get out of his comfort zone and start something new, something fresh and original.
It was a pleasure to work with so many great people side by side at JIC. I will miss you.
Few highlights from work of my team at JIC:
- Founded JIC | StarCube – first startup Accelerator in CZ (PL, SK, AT), 6th round in 2014
- 4 international awards for StarCube or Startup Program
- 12 800+ people – trained and educated in entrepreneurship
- almost 200 jobs created
- 4,5 MM USD of venture capital raised from StarCube teams in last 2 years.
- 1000+ business plans evaluated – 250+ each year
- Created complex system of support for new ventures (from awareness and idea validation to company growth)
- Built team of highly talented professionals (Vojta, Zuzka, Hanka, Lucka and Iva) who can follow up where I left. I am very proud of each and every one of them. I believe this team is able to take the business further.
I don’t leave because of a better job. I have none in my sleeves. I feel I need a sabbatical.
I will take summer off to be able to start building something big in autumn. Meanwhile, I will be looking for a new and interesting career opportunities. If you feel I might be helpful to your ventures, just let me know. I will be very happy to discuss your ideas concerning joined business.