StarCube team from JIC just finished the approval process for this year StarCube program. Applications for 3 months accelerator program came from 15 countries including China, Armenia, Italy, Kazachstan, Hungary, Jordan or Palestina.
21 out of 45 teams were selected for StarCube Jam (17 in person, 4 online) – final selection event, where mentors choose the teams that might be interesting for participation in StarCube | Spring 2013.
This is a short list of approved participants with brief description of their projects:
- Be Interactive (Czech Rep.) – interactive tablet games for small kids
- City Family Card (Italy) – city family cards ecosystem
- Crowdy (Czech Rep.) – “private cloud”-like backup system
- Dancing Pillow / Braci (Jordan) – personal hardware alerting device
- Explosion App (Czech Rep.) – private Facebook competitions made easy
- FoodGraph (Czech Rep.) – system for improving better eating habits
- Go-between News (Czech Rep.) – artificial intelligence for information overload
- IT2TEST (Czech Rep.) – SEO monitor and optimizer
- Jobote.com (USA + Czech Rep.) – system for referral employee hiring
- matematika.hrou.cz (Czech Rep.) – educational math games
- Moravia Microsystems (Czech Rep.) – tool for easier programming of microcontrollers
- Note Tracker (Palestina) – online vectorisation of flipchart notes
- OrganizeTube (Czech Rep.) – organizer for online video streams
If you missed StarCube | Spring 2013, prepare yourself for autumn light version of StarCube focused on very early stage projects. Next “full-size” StarCube will be launched in 2014.